Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back in Granada

Friday 22 August, back in Granada we stopped by the pueblo for a late lunch. Then we went back to my appartment and Victor had to do some stuff. I caught up with Adrian and went on the internet, since it had been a while. Then I went with Michelle and we looked at several appartments she was looking at moving into. We walked all over looking at the signs in the area she was looking for. Then we went back to her place and made dinner and watched "A Knight's Tale." After a while we went out to walk around and enjoy the finally cool weather. It was so hot during the day and only cools off around 10 or 11 PM. Finally around 2 or so I went home and went to Victors house to get my sheets since I had moved everything out of my room. I talked with Victor for a bit and then went upstairs, made my bed and talked on the phone to my dad before going to bed.

Saturday 23 August I woke up and played on the internet some more and then went for a run. Then I showered and Victor picked me up to go to Los Ogijares for lunch. After lunch and cleaning up, Pepa said she wanted to show me something. I started getting nervous for some reason. She pulled out these towels that had this handmade, crocheted fringe on it. I recognized it as what Pepa is always working on in her free time. I said, "Oh how cool," and she said, "Do you like it?" I said "No! Did you make them for me?" because I knew she would give them to me, even if she didn't make them for me. She replied, "No, I didn't make them for you." "Oh good, well I like them then they are very pretty." "I tricked you, they were for you! I wanted you to have something to remember me by." I burst into tears like I never had before. Pepa wanted to get them embroidered with my initials but didn't know if I wanted R or RG. Somehow between my tears we decided on R and I gave her a big hug. I kept crying for a while and Pepa went to take a nap. Victor and I kept talking for a while and went back to Granada to take advantage of the air conditioning and cable tv for a late Spanish siesta. Then we went to El Corte Inglés so Victor could get his haircut and shopped around and found some stuff to make for dinner. We ended up getting stuff for salad and chicken with a sauce that tasted exactly like gravy. It was so delicious, I wanted to eat the sauce like a soup! After watching tv for a while I went upstairs and went to bed.

Sunday 24 August I woke up and went to church. It had been a while since I had been and at the end I made sure to talk to the pastor and his wife and thanked them and said goodbye since I didn't know if I would come next week. They are very nice people. Then Victor and I went to Los Ogijares and went for a swim. Victor had told his mom that we were going to eat out on Sunday, but since we ended up buying a dinner to eat in the night before, we both felt like swimming and Sunday paella. So when we showed up, Pepa almost killed Victor, because she had only made lunch for her and Emilio, and it wasn't paella. Of course, Pepa being a Spanish mommy, only had to take the paella mix she had already prepared and defrost it. So we had my last Sunday paella afterall. Then we all fell asleep there for another glorious siesta. We were going to go to the movies, but slept too long and so we went back to Granada for Victor to pack up his suitcase for Malaga. Then back at the pueblo, we ate dinner, chatted and all went to bed.

No comments: